Thursday, June 26, 2014

Braces...Scary or nah?

Hi guys, it's Madison with another blog post! I'm going to give you the scoop of getting my braces on. I was really excited to get them on. I got to pick out heart-shaped brackets called Wild Smiles. I laid back in the chair and the doctor (Dad) got to work. First, he tried out different rings (bands) to go on all 4 of my molars. It took a while, but he finally found ones that fit:) Next, he applied the glue on the 7 teeth that were getting braces.  Next, he put on the heart-shaped brackets. He put this thing (lip retractors) in my mouth so my tongue or anything else wouldn't get in the way. Then he trimmed the wire and aligned it across my brackets. Then he tightened the wire, which only made me cringe a little bit. Then he did the other side, adjusting the wire, then twisting and turning. When I was done, I couldn't wait to see myself! I looked pretty great! Here's a pic of me.

    
                      
                     
                                  A closeup of the heart-shaped brackets with pink and aqua elastic ties
This is a lip retractor
Right after, nothing hurt and I was surprised. Later that day, I was sore. My teeth were hurting because they couldn't wait to move! I took some ibuprofen and it helped a little. It was especially hard eating. My teeth would be really sore. I don't really mind not being able to chew gum or jawbreakers or whatever because I don't really eat that stuff. Later in the week and the weeks to follow, the soreness slowly went away. I didn't feel anything. Every month, I go to get them "tightened". I've had my braces "tightened" once so far. Again soreness for like a day. Well, if you're getting braces, don't be worried, and you know where to go;)




















No comments:

Post a Comment